We'll announce the full program when we are a little closer to this year's festival, but stay tuned.
- Meet world-famous film photographer Manuel Alberto Claro, who will share methods on creating the visual language of a film with the director. Claro will talk about his own projects and share his experience with you.
- Join us for an evening with East German poet, painter, filmmaker and feminist activist Gabriele Stötzer, when we, as the first country in Scandinavia, present a selection of her short films.
- All the films in each their own way tackle deep emotional struggles and concerns that will resonate long after leaving the cinema. Themes such as family ties, friendships and sexual trauma will all be explored and put into perspective.
Meet the filmmakers afterwards for a Q&A.
- It’s a woman's world, is a series of short films about the female perspective. These seven films from around the world, including first-time films from Sudan and Cambodia, tell stories of women who persevere through obstacles that life throws at them. The protagonists in these films defy what is culturally destined for them to pave their own path. Using both animation and live-action these stories bring forth feelings of empowerment, solidarity, laughter, and a few tears. All are welcome to discover the journeys of these women.
- Katie McCullough and Ian Bignell from Festival Formular have over 15 years of experience in planning and executing perfect strategies for festival distribution. In this masterclass, they will share their experiences and advice so that you can be better equipped to find the right strategy for your film distribution.
- In collaboration with the LGBTQ + festival MIX Copenhagen, we present this collection of LBGTQ + films that seek out clichéd plots and conventions. From Denmark, Great Britain and Austria, to Mexico, the United States and China, these provide insights into a number of different existences.
- We have teamed up with one of the best beer and whiskey bars in Copenhagen, Dispensary, to bring you a short film screening combined with a beer tasting. We have selected 5 fun and entertaining films, each of which has been matched with beers from Dispensary’s fresh beer selection.
- We showcases a handful of the best short films coming out of the Baltics over the past three years. While the selected films span across borders and genres, they all center around universal topics such as family, relationships and moral values.
- In this masterclass we invite you into the editing room where three short films were made. First we see the films and then we talk with the editors of the three films, about the process and the thoughts behind the three stories.
- This evening we put live sound effects on silent films and explore the invisible world of the film medium using classic foley techniques.
- In the world of magical realism everything can happen, while at the same time feeling very familiar. These films are set in a reality you know, when suddenly a magical element is introduced. This could be a magical flute, time travel or a game of chess over one’s fate. Suddenly what before felt so familiar is now turned upside down.
- In collaboration with Nordatlantiske Filmdage, we present a selection of Faroese and Greenlandic short films that offer everything from poetic documentary and climate struggle to quirky and black humorous stories from both a bygone past and a highly topical present.
- This programme contains the best and most exciting young talents emerging on the Danish short film scene - don’t miss out on the opportunity to experience these talented filmmakers.
- It's time for us to hand out this year's three short film awards in the categories: Best Danish Short Film, New Danish Talent and Best Foreign Short Film. We welcome you to a reception from 19:30 where we serve delicious beer from Herslev Bryghus.
- This year's selection of horror films is intended as a cross section of horror anno 2021, and shows how filmmakers from all over the world with varied and wide-ranging approaches manage to keep the genre both fresh and far-sighted.
- Immerse yourself in colorful, quirky and thought-provoking animations from all corners of the world.
- This quartet comes from the Polish film schools and bodes well for the next generation's mastery of the medium. With both seriousness and playfulness, they each show a distinctive understanding of the human experience and how it is shaped by people around us and our environment.
- At this year's festival, we have expanded our children's program so much that we have chosen to do a mini-festival the following week - Copenhagen Short Film Festival Junior. From 13.-17. October you, along with your parents, can experience a wide range of fun and entertaining short films that explore different worlds, each with their own funny characters.