Experience a world of short films
from around the globe something for all ages
6. - 10. OCTOBER 2021
We are working hard on finalizing the program, and will announce it in September 2021 - stay tunes.
- Meet world-famous film photographer Manuel Alberto Claro, who will share methods on creating the visual language of a film with the director. Claro will talk about his own projects and share his experience with you.
- Join us for an evening with East German poet, painter, filmmaker and feminist activist Gabriele Stötzer, when we, as the first country in Scandinavia, present a selection of her short films.
- All the films in each their own way tackle deep emotional struggles and concerns that will resonate long after leaving the cinema. Themes such as family ties, friendships and sexual trauma will all be explored and put into perspective.
Meet the filmmakers afterwards for a Q&A.
- It’s a woman's world, is a series of short films about the female perspective. These seven films from around the world, including first-time films from Sudan and Cambodia, tell stories of women who persevere through obstacles that life throws at them. The protagonists in these films defy what is culturally destined for them to pave their own path. Using both animation and live-action these stories bring forth feelings of empowerment, solidarity, laughter, and a few tears. All are welcome to discover the journeys of these women.
- Katie McCullough and Ian Bignell from Festival Formular have over 15 years of experience in planning and executing perfect strategies for festival distribution. In this masterclass, they will share their experiences and advice so that you can be better equipped to find the right strategy for your film distribution.
- In collaboration with the LGBTQ + festival MIX Copenhagen, we present this collection of LBGTQ + films that seek out clichéd plots and conventions. From Denmark, Great Britain and Austria, to Mexico, the United States and China, these provide insights into a number of different existences.